Grey Towers

6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

Senioritis is very contagious! (Credit: https://thehighlandernews.com/10678/features/how-not-to-give-in-to-senioritis/).

Senior year is like a rollercoaster; it certainly has its ups and downs.  I remember hearing this as a freshmen: “High school goes by fast,” and thinking it was just some stupid cliché. But now, as a senior, I can testify that it’s not.

High school is one wild ride, but you just have to make sure to hold on tight during the sharp turns. Once senior year comes, you’ll look back and be surprised at how fast it has all gone by. Before you know it, it will be May and you will be graduating in one month. It can be scary as graduation comes closer, but senior year is full of amazing memories and overwhelming excitement for what will come after high school. With senioritis, prom, and graduation, senior year can be hectic. Here are some tips to help you survive the wild ride of senior year: 

1. Don’t get infected by Senioritis! In fourth quarter especially, it is easy to exhibit symptoms of Senioritis, beat them out by staying on top of your work. I know it’s easy to think about prom, graduation, and other senior year festivities, but try to stay focused the best you can! Side note: it is also important to leave time for relaxation and other activities. Contrary to popular belief, Senioritis is a very real thing. Don’t believe me? Check out this article. And here is an article for tips on how to beat Senioritis.
  2. Step outside your comfort zone. Do things that you normally would not do, and challenge yourself. Looking back, you’ll be happy you did. Go bowling with friends, or go to an amusement park on the weekend. Here are some ideas to make your senior year unforgettable.
  3. Make lots of memories. Make lots of memories that you will never forget. You will always look back and cherish the moments you had in high school. Take lots of pictures that you can look back on, you’ll be happy to have those memories. If you so desire, you could make a memory book for your senior year. Here is a link for some inspiration.
  4. Spend lots of time around friends and family. Once you go off to college, you will be in a different environment with different people. Although you can visit friends/family, make sure to cherish every moment you have with them. Don’t spend every waking moment on your phone. If you can, try to unplug for a day, and enjoy the company of those who are close to you. Here are some ways to keep in touch with family while you are in college.
  5. Don’t do college applications at the last minute! I cannot stress this enough. Waiting until the last minute will just stress you out more. Get it out of the way. Here is a checklist to help keep you on track.
  6. Finally; live without regret. This is it. Your last year of high school. Don’t stress, make the most of it, and enjoy every moment that you can. High school will seem like a blur one day, but senior year is a year that will never be forgotten.

This is your senior year; make sure to live in the moment. Don’t dwell on the past, and don’t stress about the future. Everything will happen the way it’s supposed to. As I mentioned above, live without regret, and enjoy every moment you have.  It goes by faster than you expect it to.

• 6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

News

Congratulations Athletes!

• School Life

Seniors’ Final Days: A Gallery

• 6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

School Life

7 Key Steps to Preparing for Final Exams

• 6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

Culture

8 Tips for a Great Gym Meet

• 6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

School Life

Imbolo Mbue and Behold the Dreamers

• 6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

School Life

Walk Out Prayer Service

• 6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

Showcase

Haley Wehberg Named Prep Player of the Week

• 6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

Clubs

Introducing the Ski Club!

• 6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

Culture

Names and Dates of Black History Month

• 6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

Service

Lions or Polar Bears? Students Take the Plunge

The student news site of Maryvale Preparatory School
6 Tips for Incoming Seniors