Grey Towers

Alone on Valentine’s Day? Here’s What You Can Do Instead

Yes, being alone on Valentine’s Day bites. You have to listen to all your friends talk about their plans they have with their significant others and you just have to sit there and be #foreveralone.

But, even though you don’t have a bae this year, here are some cool things you can do to improve your mood and make Valentine’s Day about you and some of your single friends.

1.) See a movie. No rom-coms, unless that’s what you’re in the mood for. Plus, candy and buttery movie popcorn are the best cure to any loneliness. Food will never leave you.

Black Panther opens this Friday and is one of the most highly anticipated films of the year and has a beautifully diverse cast and I know that’s what you need this Valentine’s Day. You can watch the trailer here.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is a fantastic movie. It’s hilarious and has an all-star cast with The Rock, Jack Black, and Nick Jonas and even pays a tribute to Robin Williams that will make you shed a lil’ tear. Also, Jack Black and Nick Jonas made a music video for the movie. It’s epic. (You need to see this)

The Greatest Showman is out now and has an amazing soundtrack and has a little love subplot with Zendaya and Zach Efron. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and you’ll definitely want to buy all the songs as soon as you get home. Here’s a song that’s basically a duet with Troy Bolton and Jean Valjean.

Coco, Thor: Ragnarok, Lady Bird, Wonder, Murder On the Orient Express, The Last Jedi, and I, Tonya are also fantastic movies that I have either seen and loved or heard a lot about.

2.) Treat Yo Self

Lush, Makeup Revolution, Godiva, MAC, Starbucks, and Bath & Body Works, (to name a few) all have Valentine’s Day specials right now! 

From special products to great savings, you won’t regret treating yourself this Valentine’s Day.

You can thank me later.

3.) Celebrate Palentines! 

It’s a day before Valentine’s Day but can be celebrated any day. It’s a day to get together with your friends, order a pizza, and buy each other chocolate. It’s a chill holiday where you get to show your friends how much you appreciate them. If you need some cute ideas to treat your friends (or yourself, no judgment) here’s a Buzzfeed article to give you some inspiration.

4.) Remember that friends will be there for you whenever. 

Being alone on Valentine’s this year might be depressing, but keep your chin up. You will always have your friends and at the end of the day, chocolate will never break your heart.

• Alone on Valentine’s Day? Here’s What You Can Do Instead

News

Congratulations Athletes!

• School Life

Seniors’ Final Days: A Gallery

School Life

7 Key Steps to Preparing for Final Exams

Culture

8 Tips for a Great Gym Meet

Entertainment

6 Tips for Incoming Seniors

School Life

Imbolo Mbue and Behold the Dreamers

School Life

Walk Out Prayer Service

Showcase

Haley Wehberg Named Prep Player of the Week

Clubs

Introducing the Ski Club!

Culture

Names and Dates of Black History Month

The student news site of Maryvale Preparatory School